Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Only lost half a pound and upset?

Hello fellow WW girls! I have finally gotten an accurate weigh in this morning.
Drum roll please!
*
My total weight loss since June 2007 is 37.6 lbs!
*
I set my first goal at 130 and now that I am 2.4 lbs away from it I know that I can go to 120 to fit into a size 6 at J Crew.
*
If you follow my other blog Simple Yet Classic you know that I have been doing some new years organizing around my house. One of the things I moved was my husbands 10 lb weight plates and I was shocked at how much 10 lbs really is. If you have already lost weight go and pick up a weight that is equivalent to your loss. Even 1 lb is a shock, don't forget a loss no matter how small is still a great thing. They say somewhere on the WW site that 1 lb is equal to a stick or of butter. Doesn't that change the way we look at 1 lb?
*
If you do the math for my weight loss journey I have only lost 1/2 a lb a week. I know that we have a tendency not to celebrate that but rather to say I should have lost two lbs a week. It really adds up fast when you see the bigger picture that it is 38 lbs so far.
*
Another thing I love to do to celebrate is ask how much my friend's kids weigh. A child may not weigh a lot at first but carry him for any amount of extended time and you will be tired. Think about carrying this extra weight on your body all the time. When I had a full day of cleaning the other day I was thinking about how I use to rationalize skipping the gym to clean because by the time I was done for the evening I was so exhausted. My legs would literally ache from moving around for a couple of hours. Now I never feel that way anymore!
*
Have any of you had an "ah ha" moment where you realized a lb is more than you use to think?
Or do you have any questions for me?
I know some of you have already asked a few. I plan on answering them later this week in a post, just leave a comment with your questions!

12 comments:

  1. Girl, I follow your other blog. And, I just want to say THANK YOU for starting this one!! I just posted a long post about my weight issue. I would LOVE your feedback. Thank you again for posting these informative and honest posts!! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from my first meeting. I'm going to live for your posts each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of holding weights to compare how much weight you've lost is great! I can't wait to get there. Hopefully I'll be holding 10 lbs soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a fantastic blog! What an inspiration! I dont think I will ever get discouraged about a small amount of weight lost over a week again :) It reminds me of a quote my friend from college used to keep in her profile... "yard by yard life in hard, but inch by inch its a cinch"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this blog!! I have started Weight Watchers again and I feel so lucky to have this encouragement this time!!!

    I want to get the weight off and KEEP it off that really is my main goal, KEEPING it off this time. A real lifestyle change.

    I am struggling with the exercising this time, I feel so tired and unmotivated, but I am going to keep trying. You are such an inspiration!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really put things in perspective here, thanks so much! :) My little boy is 26 pounds, so lugging him around does get tiring after awhile! I hope I can get to the point where I can say I've lost at least 20 pounds and have that true "ah ha!" moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, something REALLY cool just happened...my word veri was "comitted." I know it's not spelled the correct way, but it was still pretty cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really an inspiration. I know that sounds cliche. I wish much success as you continue your journey. I am actually looking at weight watchers as one of my options for losing weight for this year. If you have any advice please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot tell you how much this post inspired me! I've been thinking about it all day. though I'm stll jobless (boo), I've decided to take my Christmas money and rejoin Weight Watchers. I start the 100 day wedding countdown tomowwow, and worry all day about not being in great shape. Now there are no more excuses!
    (and p.s. you and Mojito Maven the first people I thought to tell once I joined. Yay for blog friends!)
    xoxo,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic site and a really great post! I've been mulling over the WW decision for quite some time now and after reading this and many posts like it have become totally convinced! Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!

    Weight loss programs are very effective to persons who follow them sincerely. It is made to suit the needs of the persons. Therefore, it should be followed strictly to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this an old post, but I follow your other blog and todays post had a link to this one. I am SO excited about this blog. I just had a baby and have been struggeling with my weight for about 10 years now. My goal is to be able to wear a bathing suit comfortably in my 30's since I never did in my 20's. I actually plan to read your blog from the beginning. I am planning to do the Bolder Boulder next year. My goal is to run it but I may be a walker. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete