Monday, January 5, 2009

My must have grocery items

Here is my list of things I get every time I go to the store.
*
0 point favorite foods
V8
Brussel Sprouts
Progressive Soup
Splenda with fiber for my coffee or sugar free Vanilla Syrup
*
1 point
WW string cheese
Babybell lowfat cheese
grapefruit
apples
peas
fat free creamer for coffee (6T)
Turkey Breast deli meat
WW yogurt
WW ice cream bars!!
!!Carmel apple suckers!!
most suckers
portabella mushroom veggie burgers
prunes (start out slow on these)
apricots
single serving smart pop kettle corn or butter
*
2 points
corn
grilled cheese made with 2 slices sara lee 45 calorie bread and one slice of ww american cheese (use a little cooking spray instead of butter)
Special K (I am liking the yogurt ones best now)
*
4 points
1 egg and 3 egg whites scrambled (use water not milk) with a slice of ww american cheese
*
REMEMBER THIS IS THE POINTS VALUE FOR ONE SERVING. IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE AT A TIME IT CAN MULTIPLY THE POINTS, 2 ONE POINT ITEMS IS NOT 2 POINTS ALWAYS.
*
As I type this I am watching the Oprah where she is talking about how she has fallen off the wagon. She is talking about how important planning what you are going to eat.
THIS IS SO VERY IMPORTANT
*
Look over my list of foods again and think about how many points you get daily. If you plan smartly and eat low point items you really will never be hungry.

12 comments:

  1. I want to add Sugar free Jello chocolate pudding to the 1 WW point list...these are perfect for my chocolate craving...also regular sugar free jello is a 0 point food...it's not exactly filling but it is sweet and hits the spot sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing Cow cheese wedges are my FAVORITE 1 point item. They are prefect on potatoes. (be careful because some flavors are 2 points)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a good list! I was going to say Laughing Cow cheese wedges too - but littlesack beat me to it!

    Another snack I discovered only after being desperately hungry one day after eating all my points already is carrots dipped in salsa. It sounds weird, but it's good! I tried it tonight with celery/salsa but it wasnt the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! It would be amazing if you posted what some typical days might be for you, and how many points each meal/snack adds up to. I definitely need ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree-these are a must :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really not sure about the brussel sprouts. How do you cook them? I am willing to try anything new if it helps keep me full on WW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the list! I think that will help me with finding healthy alternatives for things I like - are there certain progressive soups that fit into the points? (Now that I think about it, it seems like they are listed on the can...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Great post, I'm going to share this with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of another great 4 point WW snack/breakfast...

    Quaker old fashioned oates (1/2 cup)
    Fat-Free milk (1 cup or 8oz)
    Spelnda
    Cinnamon

    Microwave the oates and milk...stir in splenda and cinnamon.

    there is so much fiber in oatmeal so it keeps me full for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you need to try Thomas bagel Bread...tastes so much richer than the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and has the same point count!!! I have been on weight watchers for a week and have dropped 4 pounds...I need to lose 20..i know the extra exercise has helped me..I now force myself to spend an hour walking on the treadmill after dinner so i am not tempted to snack...if i cant reach for everything my hunger seems to go away at 9pm..thanks so much for all of these helpful tips

    ReplyDelete
  11. Portabella mushroom burgers are 1 point?? So excited because I LOVE those. Thanks for posting these! I'm just getting started on WW, so, I'm trying to be more aware of what I eat, or need to not eat. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!! The Mr. is having a hard time adjusting to having no more "fun" snacks in the house. I started reading things from this list, and his face lit up! Thanks again, this blog is a Godsend!
    xoxo,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete