Sunday, January 4, 2009

Are you ready to lose weight?

One of the biggest and most frustrating things that I have encountered in my weight loss journey has been my friends. I know that may of you have written about this but you really never realize how much they can affect your weight positively or negatively.
*
I have had many friends join me on Weight Watchers and none of them have followed through with it no matter how interested they were at first. Now I am not telling you to frustrate you but so that you are realistic that it will take some work.
So how ready are you to do this?
Are you willing to plan out EVERYTHING that will go into your mouth?
Are you willing to bring food along with you?
Are you willing to change your lifestyle?
Are you willing to get rid of the food in your house that tempts you?
These are only a few of the questions you need to ask yourself. If you are not ready that is fine but be aware of that.

4 comments:

  1. YAY for your new blog!!

    I also wanted to add that you have to be ready to lose weight for you and you may have to be prepared to defend your weight loss journey for better or for worse. SO MANY people I know try and make me feel bad about what i'm eating (or not eating)...they say things like, "oh come on, it's just ONE meal."...my response? "yeah well I had A LOT of those ONE meals and that is how i gained 20 lbs after my wedding"...it's amazing how people who you thought would be supportive are not and vice versa...it actually makes me sad because most of the time these people are actually pushing their own insecurities off on me instead of dealing with your own weight issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read your new blog! Love it so far. Those are questions I had to seriously ask myself too.. was missing a lunch date with my best friend really more important than loosing weight? yes. I know my friends all love me but they're horrible influences. they're heavier than me but have no intention of loosing anythign right now.. so we do coffee dates now instead! but i decided to be serious this time.. for myself, my future, for future babies :), my health, and a wedding to plan!!!!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Thank you for staring this blog! I'm starting Weight Watchers next week. I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but, I got back and forth--really skinny, then I pack it back on. Which, is clearly unhealthy. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for starting this blog!! I have also been thinking about weight watchers. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I am so sick of my weight fluctuating - and I hope babies are in my (maybe near, maybe not? :) future and I know I want to be as healthy as possible before we start trying!

    ReplyDelete