Thursday, January 15, 2009

Inspired

Hello ladies! I am so absolutely inspired to see how many of you have celebrated a lose this week! It is so inspiring to hear all of your stories and I really think it helps keep everyone on track. Keep up the amazing work! We are two weeks into the new year and I am so proud that you all have kept it up. This really is a lifestyle not just a temporary thing. If you haven't been doing great remember, today is a new day and a great day to start. One of the best things about ww is that you don't have to start over again if you go over your points one day.
*
I know that a lot of you have iPhones, for those of you who do download the PointsCalc application. This is so great to always have with you, especially when you are at the grocery store. I also use my phone to track my daily points everyday. It really helps to have it with me all the time.
*
Does anyone know anything about the new momentum plan? I still follow my points everyday but I am not currently enrolled so I know nothing about the new program. I would love to hear more.

9 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. I just started WW last week and am just starting to get the hang of the point system. Reading your blog is very motivating and also a helpful accompaniment to WW! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Momentum plan confuses me... from what I get of it though, it's still the same point-counting concept, but with a little more guidance about the best way to use your points (good health guidelines). I could be wrong though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Momentum plan is designed to combine the previous "flex" and "core" plans. The focus is still about counting points and staying within your daily range and using (or not using) your 35 weekly flex points. In addition, however, this plan teaches you about "filling foods", or foods that keep you satisfied longer (while staying within points). They were finding that too many people were complaining about always being hungry and so they wanted to teach about using points wisely. Hope this helps! So far, I like the new plan, although, I have not changed many of my previous habits. Oh - and one more change to daily water. Instead of 6 glasses of water, they have changed the guideline to 48 oz. of liquid....caffinated or not. They caution that juices get high in points and water is always the "best" option when possible. Whew, think that covers it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to upload the program to my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you go to mobile.weightwatchers.com from the internet on your iPhone, it is a special format just for the phone. it's so easy to track your points all day. Oh, but you have to be a member, so that might not work for you....

    I love momentum. I agree with Tiff on all accounts. My leader said basically people were hungry because they were trying to eat the crap they used to eat, but obviously only getting a tiny bit. Momentum says for the same points value as a piece of fried chicken and some fries, you can have a huge healthy meal with sweet potato, veggies, chicken, salad etc. It's "more bang for your buck"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really helping me stay motivated! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today was my first weigh in (with myself. I am doing it the 2nd friday of each month) and I am happy to report that in the 3 weeks since I started my healthy "live-it" and exercise I have lost 9 pounds! I look forward to reading your blog everyday and it is such a source of inspiration for me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Huge Congrats to Kelli!
    I set a goal this week to lose ten lbs in 2 months, and lower my BMI to 23. Eventually, I'd like to maintain a 22 BMI. It may not sound like alot, but I think starting small will be the best way for me to stick with a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came across your blog and I love it. Thanks for spelling everything out, its a big motivator!

    ReplyDelete