Friday, January 23, 2009

Meetings vs Online

I was asked if the meetings are really worth it or if following online is just as easy.
I started online and lost some weight, I then lost my motivation and climbed to my highest weight ever. I finally started going to meetings and they made such a difference. I am not sure what it is about the meetings but they really keep you on track. I found you lose weight faster when you are attending. I was terribly embarrassed/nervous the first time but I survived. Just make sure the first time that you arrive early and leave time after to set a goal weight and get some start up info from the meeting leader. You won't be disappointed, it isn't just a bunch of fat women sitting around crying.
Try it they really work!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy the meetings and I also find that having to actually weigh-in forces me to hold myself more accountable. It is a private weigh-in but there is something competitive in me that comes out...I don't want to be the one to have a +sign on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the meetings - the only way I would go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the accountability in meetings really keeps me on track too. I can tell myself my scale was off one day, but I can never convince my leader that his scale is off! ;-) I also get a lot of great ideas from the other members, and feel good about helping them too. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what diet or lifestyle change I attempt, I always lose my motivation after the first two weeks. I am usually pumped for the first week, not as motivated but still attempting, and by the third week I want to give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing online for two weeks now and I am (thankfully) still motivated- down 5 pounds so far- yay!! I will keep the meetings in mind if my excitement starts to dwindle though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am more of an online person. I even did better in college when my classes where online. Weird I know! I love the online site and literally am on there like 5 or more times a day. I have lost over 15 pounds so far. It also helps that everyone at my work is on WW and does the online program.

    ReplyDelete