Thursday, April 23, 2009

My new running playlist

I found a great thing to listen to while running!
I listened to Twilight on my ipod shuffle today while I got in my 4 miles! It may sound stupid and you may think you need a fast beat to motivate you but I found this really was a great trick for me. I found that the 4 miles really flew by today and that I was really in tune with my body. I never really thought about having to make the effort to walk or run today because I was listening to the story. I think we are so use to having music on as background noise that I think we focus on each step more at times and that's why we need the fast pace. I have also noticed a negative of listening to fast music while working out, when I am running I need to really focus on keeping my heart rate low so that I can run longer and not burn out after a minute. Some fast paced songs make it much harder to pace yourself.
*
I would try this especially if you like to watch tv at the gym. I got the bonus of being outside in the beautiful weather and to listen to a great book. (If you haven't read them you most likely are very hesitant like I was at first. Give them a chance the entire series really are great books.)
I get my books on cd at the library and upload them to my computer for my ipod. You can check the boxes the book you are currently are listening to so that your ipod isn't full of books on cd.

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'll try that! I'm reading the series now. AWESOME! Thanks for the tip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea, I always focus on music and end up changing the song if it isn't the right tempo at the moment. Music can actually be quite distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to watch Twilight on my iPod the other day and I did one of those miss steps and almost catapulted off the treadmill. I swear if my iPod wasn't attached to my body I would find a way to sling it across the room by accident.

    How are you liking Twilight?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such a good idea!! I need some training ideas on how to run!! I'm not at all in shape like you.. but i'd like to start slow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Never really thought of that. I just found your blog and I thought I'd just drop you a line saying I just bookmarked it! I'll be stopping by often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOla,

    I listen to podcasts from NPR. My favorites are "this american life" and "fresh air". You are right. I get so engrossed with the stories that time flies and I feel I have some company on my workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome idea! I've been doing weight watchers for 3 weeks now and It's extremely difficult to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like listening to music while I run but I also like listening to podcasts & ebooks too. Thanks for the tip about Twilight!

    ReplyDelete