Monday, June 22, 2009

Diet drink without Splenda

We are back from our trip and I found something great I had to share with all of you!
I really love a glass of crystal light or a diet coke on a hot day but I worry about the splenda and all the artificial sugars that are in diet drinks.  We will be trying to get pregnant soon and I haven't heard great things about them especially when you are expecting.
My refreshing alternative is cucumber water!
It really is quite yummy and so great on a hot day.  Best off all it's all natural so I don't have to worry if I drink an entire pitcher.  All that you have to do is add thin slices of cucumber to a pitcher or glass of ice water.  My cousins who showed it to be let it soak in for a little bit but I don't think that's necessary.  They also like to add a slice or two of lemon as well.  The slices are great floating in the top of the glass and are a nice little crunchy snack at the end!
I made 4 Quarts of it today and added almost all of a very long but skinny cucumber.
Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. oooh, hope you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! i might have to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone who did the cucumber drink, but also with orange slices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone recently told me about Cucumber water!! I will have to try it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious! very spa! i also like sparkling water -- no sweenters and no spelenda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a really yummy change from Crystal Lite or a diet coke (which I have almost cut out of my diet).

    Thanks for the idea. I'm gonna try it! I've been rather proud of myself for all the water I have been reaching for instead of the "other" drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try that! I've been putting sliced up oranges in my water forever...I think it's time for a change.

    ReplyDelete