Wednesday, March 11, 2009

walking

I have started taking my dog for walks again. I am trying to get in a loop around my complex once every morning and then again that evening, it takes only about 10 minutes to make a loop. I think this will really make a difference because 10 minutes is so easy to get in but really adds up. It is just an extra bonus that I don't have to waste time or money driving to the gym. I will still go to the gym to lift weights a few days a week since I like using the machines there. It is so much easier now to walk in the evening since daylight savings time. I can't tell you how happy it makes me when the days seem so much longer. I know that a lot of people have a hard time adjusting but I LOVE the change.

5 comments:

  1. I love the change too!! I love warm days and it staying light out longer. I feel so much healthier and productive on these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it to but it's been an adjustment. I think I might start doing the same thing with my dog although I think I could only do the evening because I leave way to early in the morning to walk him then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that it stays lighter so much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it is light later (though the morning is tough...)!

    Walking is a great way to get in activity. I try to walk around my office for 5 - 10 minutes once an hour. Make me more productive to get up dn stretch, and gets some activity in during the day. Every lttle bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too- my toddler is now sleeping in until 8. Yay!

    ReplyDelete