Tuesday, December 29, 2009

eating to burn more calories

I hit my 300 mile goal today!
This week has been super productive, I have already gotten in 14 miles in the past 3 days. If I make all the runs I have planned out I will get in 26-29 miles total this week.
*
I want to talk today about fueling our bodies for life and exercise. I can tell such a difference on the days after I have counted points. Today will be the third day in a row that I have stayed on track as well as the third day that I have gotten in miles. I can tell that I get more energy every day because of the combination.
*
After yesterday's 5 mile walk I was exhausted even though I didn't attempt to run in the snow. That evening my legs were exhausted all night. Today I went just as far on a trail that had much more hills, ran a good part of it and burned about 4oo calories more than the day before. My legs aren't sore tonight and I feel great.
This is the biggest change between the two days....
I ate this half way through my workout. It really made such a difference. Especially when the last mile was all uphill in this slush...
It was about three inches thick of slush and so hard to walk in.
I can't imagine how hard it was on this little one. I was going to leave her home today because I had taken her so far already this week. She was so excited though when I was getting ready that I couldn't leave her behind. It's funny that a dog can tell when you have workout clothes on.
*
Basically because I ate the extra 120 calories I was able to burn 400 more calories and recover faster. Food isn't the enemy but the fuel.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips! Walking and running on the snow and slush must be pretty close to beach workouts. Very difficult!

    ReplyDelete