Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I have been cooking up a storm today and all the food is low in points!!
First I started by throwing tons of random items in my slow-cooker.
*
I threw in two cans of Rotel (the kind with cilantro and lime)
1 big can diced tomatoes 28 oz I believe
1 can black beans
1 can mushrooms drained
1 cup of frozen green beans
1 cup frozen corn
I also added some extra cilantro because I love it!
I also added four 8 oz frozen chicken breasts
*
I cooked it for 8 hours on slow. I have only had a taste but it tasted pretty good!
I divided up the pot into 8 Tupperware dishes and froze most of them. I will take one out of the freezer when one is eaten so one is always ready.
I figured out how many points each ingredient was per new serving size and added up the points. Most were zero points! I believe that is how WW online does it. I figured this was 3-4 points per serving.
Don't have all this stuff? Throw in what you have with some meat. I have yet to do this and have it turn out bad. The key is to let it cook 8 hours on low. Rushing it and it isn't as good.
***
I also cooked some squashes, spaghetti and butternut.
Most people don't like squash but I really have come to enjoy it.
I tried something new when I cooked the spaghetti squash and it worked quite well. Instead of struggling to cut both squashes in half I poked a few holes and placed them in the oven whole at 400 for 1 hour. They were so easy to split, scoop the seeds out of and shred! I froze half of what I made since I didn't want it to spoil before I ate it.
I cooked the halved butternut squashed the same time pureed them before I put them in tupperware. They are a quick easy filling snack.

3 comments: